Bengaluru, May 20, 2026: In a major crackdown on drug trafficking, the North Division police of Bengaluru City Police have busted an interstate narcotics smuggling network, arrested eight accused, seized drugs worth nearly Rs 35 crore and impounded two cars.
The arrested accused have been identified as Reena Yadav (50) from West Delhi, Debashish Banerjee (66) from New Delhi, Mohammed Mansoor P (30) from Bengaluru, Danfa Gerald from Senegal, Magreth Liginiko Chale from Tanzania, Dheeraj (30) from Delhi, Obianuju Rita Okeke (34) from Delhi and Abdul Sammed (38) from Dakshina Kannada.
Addressing the media on Wednesday, Bengaluru Police Commissioner Seemant Kumar Singh said six accused, including three foreign nationals, were arrested in Delhi, while two others were locals.
“This is one of the biggest drug seizures made by our city police team under the supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police (West) C Vamsi Krishna. The investigation began following a recent case registered in Yeshwanthpur, in which nine persons had earlier been arrested,” he said.
Police seized 17.5 kg of MDMA, estimated to be worth Rs 17.5 crore, with its street value said to be nearly double.
According to police, officers attached to the Hebbal Police Station received information on May 11 that three persons were selling banned narcotic substances from a car parked near an apartment in Anandnagar.
Based on the tip-off, police registered a case under the NDPS Act and conducted a raid at the spot. Three persons, including a woman, were taken into custody. During interrogation, two of the accused reportedly confessed that they had procured MDMA from an unidentified supplier in Delhi at a lower price and were selling it at a higher rate in Bengaluru.
Police recovered 4.180 kg of MDMA and seized the car used for the crime. Further interrogation led investigators to a house in Chikkanayakanahalli, where an additional 10.120 kg of MDMA was seized on May 14.
Subsequently, four more accused were arrested from Haryana and Delhi on different dates. These included one foreign national and two foreign women allegedly involved in supplying MDMA, along with another accused from Delhi.
The accused were brought to Bengaluru on transit remand on May 17. Based on further questioning, another suspect was arrested in Hennur, leading to the recovery of an additional 3.200 kg of MDMA from his residence.
Police said some suspects linked to the racket are still absconding, and efforts are underway to trace them. Further investigation is in progress.