mangalore today
name
name
name
Tuesday, May 21
Genesis Engineersnamename

 

Delhi: 6 Suffocate to death in blaze after Mosquito coil mishap at home


Mangalore Today News Network

New Delhi, Mar 31, 2023: In a shocking incident, six people in a family including a toddler suffocated to death after the mosquito coil overturned and sparked a blaze in their home in northeast Delhi’s Shastri Park, according to the police. Three other people were injured in the incident. 

 

Delhi


The police received information around 9 am that a fire had broken out in a house at Mazar Wala Road in Shastri Park’s Machhi Market, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast) Joy Tirkey said as quoted by PTI.

The nine people were taken to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital. However, after reaching the hospital, 6 were declared dead including 4 men, a woman, and a one-and-a-half-year-old child. Out of the three injured people - A 15-year-old girl and a 45-year-old man are being treated for burn injuries and a 22-year-old man was discharged after first aid.

The probable cause of their death is thought to be a burning mosquito coil that fell on a mattress during the night, stated the police as per a PTI report. The residents of the home reportedly suffocated due to the toxic fumes of carbon monoxide and eventually died. An investigation is underway in the case.


Courtesy: Zee News


Write Comment | E-Mail To a Friend | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Error:NULL
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above