Mangaluru, Nov 21, 2023: In a bid to prevent blaring horns near schools, colleges and hospitals, the city police have declared many places in the city as No Horn Zones.
Under the Section 194 (f) of the Indian Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019, those violating the rule will have to pay a penalty of Rs 1000 for first-time violation and Rs 2,000 for subsequent violations.
The No-Horn Zones are as follows:
1) Vicinity of Lady Goschen Hospital – From Rao and Rao Circle to Lady Goschen Hospital, from the hospital upto Clock Tower and from the Hospital upto Kalpana Sweets.
2) Hampankatta Junction: From Hampankatta Junction to Milagres Church; from Casualty Gate of Wenlock Hospital near Milagres Church to Muthappa Gudi and from Hampankatta Junction to Mini Vidhana Saudha Building.
3) Areas around Dr Ambedkar Circle: Upto 50 meters area from Ambedkar Circle towards Balmatta Junction; upto 50 meters area from Ambedkar Circle towards Bunts Hostel Circle; upto 50 meters area from Ambedkar Circle towards Hampankatta Circle and from Bavuta Gudda (Mahila Sabha Building) to Ambedkar Circle.
4) The area from near the northern compound of Attavar KMC Hospital to Bishop Victor (Attavar New Road) turn.
5) 100 meters area of road in front of KS Hegde Hospital, Derlakatte.
6) 100 meters area of road in front of Yenepoya Hospital, Derlakatte.