Those above 18 can register for vaccine from Saturday
Mangalore Today News Network / NDTV
New Delhi, April 22, 2021: All above 18, now eligible for vaccination from May 1, can register for their shot from Saturday (April 24) on the CoWin platform.
Registrations for the latest round of inoculations will open in the next 48 hours on the CoWin platform.
As India faces the world’s worst Covid surge, its daily cases surpassing the US today, the government has opened vaccinations to all adults for the first time.
According to the new vaccine rules, states and private entities can buy vaccines directly for inoculations.
The centre will continue to vaccinate those declared eligible so far - frontline workers, health workers and those above 45.
Apart from Serum Institute of India’s Covishield and Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin, Russia’s Sputnik will soon be used, the government says.
Yesterday, Serum said its vaccine would be sold at ₹ 400 to states and at ₹ 600 to private hospitals.
The prices for the Centre would remain the same - ₹ 150.
Those eligible register for vaccination through the CoWIN website and the Aarogya Setu app.
How to register for the COVID-19 vaccine online
- Head to the CoWIN website, click on Register/Sign in Yourself
- Enter your mobile number, click on Get OTP. An OTP should arrive on your phone. Enter the digits on the site, and click Verify.
- On the Register for Vaccination page, enter all the details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
- Once registered, you will get the option to schedule an appointment, Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
- Enter your pin code and hit Search. The centres in the pin code will show up, select the date and time and click on Confirm.
- You can add up to four members through one login. It is easy to reschedule your appointment; the process is similar to how you schedule it.
Process for registration through Aarogya Setu app
- Head to the Aarogya Setu app > Click on CoWIN tab on the home screen
- Select Vaccination Registration > Enter Phone Number > Enter OTP
- Click on Verify > You will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination pag
- Follow steps listed in the ’Process for registration through CoWIN portal’ guide.
- Each citizen has to take two shots of the vaccine. The CoWIN portal says the second dose of Covaxin should be taken between 28 days to 42 days after the first dose. The second dose of Covishield should be taken between 28 days to 56 days after the first dose.