New Delhi, Feb 10, 2024: Underlining that the mantra of the NDA government has been "reform, perform and transform", Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the 17th Lok Sabha took several decisions that were waited for long by many generations and cited the scrapping of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir and the ban on triple talaq.
Addressing the last sitting of the 17th Lok Sabha, PM Modi said the productivity of the 17th Lok Sabha was 97 per cent and 30 bill were passed during its term.
The Prime Minister said democracy would be stronger the more quickly "the government gets out of people’s day-to-day lives", asserting that he believed in ’minimum government, maximum governance’.
PM Modi also said the BJP government brought "social justice" to the people of Jammu and Kashmir and tackled terrorism through stringent laws.
PM MODI ADDRESSES LOK SABHA: TOP QUOTES
1. "These five years were about reform, perform and transform in the country. It is very rare that both reform and perform take place, and we can see transformation right in front of our eyes... The country is experiencing this through the 17th Lok Sabha and I firmly believe that the country will continue to bless the 18th Lok Sabha."
2. "During this Lok Sabha’s term, several decisions for which many generations waited for long were taken. Article 370 was also abrogated during this Lok Sabha’s term...I feel that those who drafted the Constitution would bless us for this."
3. "The people of Jammu and Kashmir were devoid of social justice. Today, we are satisfied that we have brought social justice to the people of Jammu and Kashmir in line with our commitment to social justice. Terrorism had become like a thorn, shooting bullets into the chest of the country... We formed strict laws against terrorism. I am of the firm belief that people who suffer through issues like this will receive strength like this."
4. "When we talk about ’Minimum Government, Maximum Governance’, I genuinely feel that the government should stay away from the lives of the people as it would only help in strengthening democracy."
5. "Many game-changing reforms that will lay the foundation of a strong India have taken place in the last five years. The 17th Lok Sabha had 97 per cent productivity, it was over 100 per cent in seven sessions."
6. "Elections are not very far, a few might be nervous. But this is an essential aspect of democracy. I believe that our elections will increase the pride of the country and follow the democratic tradition - which surprises the world."
7. "For 75 years, we lived with the Penal Code given by the British. To the new generation, we can say with pride that the country might have lived under the Penal Code for 75 years, but the next generation will live with Nyaya Sanhita. This is true democracy."
8. "The next 25 years is very important for our country. Political activities have their place but the aspirations, expectations, dreams and resolve of the country is that these 25 years are something in which the country will achieve the desired results."
Courtesy: India Today