mangalore today
name
name
name
Saturday, April 20
Genesis Engineersnamename

 

Saline bottles hung from rope as patients treated outside Maharashtra hospital


Mangalore Today News Network

Buldhana, Feb 21, 2024: Over 300 people, including women and children, fell ill after consuming ’prasad’ during a religious programme in Maharashtra’s Buldhana district.

The incident took place on Tuesday night during the last day of ’Harinam Saptah’, a week-long religious event, at Somthana village in Lonar, Buldhana district collector Kiran Patil told news agency PTI.

 

Maharashtra


Visuals showed several patients being treated outside a hospital due to a shortage of beds with saline bottles hung from the ropes that were hooked to the trees.

Devotees from Somthana and Khaparkhed villages came to the temple at 10 pm to take ’prasad’. After consuming the ’prasad’, they complained of stomach pain, nausea and vomiting.

The people who fell sick were rushed to a hospital in Bibi village. But given the shortage of beds, most of the patients had to be treated on the road outside the hospital. Saline bottles were fitted on the ropes that were hooked to the trees.

"It was the sixth day of the religious programme in Somthana. ’Prasad’ was distributed as it was ’ekadashi’ (eleventh day) among 400 to 500 people. Several people complained of food poisoning and are being treated now," a local said.

The condition of all the patients was stable and most of them were discharged on Wednesday, Patil, the district collector, said.

A team of doctors has been deployed with an ambulance and other necessary equipment in case a medical emergency arises, he said.

"Samples of ’prasad’ have been sent to a laboratory for analysis and an inquiry will be initiated," he further said.


Write Comment | E-Mail To a Friend | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Error:NULL
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above