Mandla, M.P., May 14: As many as 28 people were on Friday electrocuted when the bus in which they were travelling came in contact with a live overhead wire near a village in Mandla of Madhya Pardesh, officials said.
The victims, who belonged to a marriage party, died when some object kept on top of the bus came in contact with the high tension power line, Mandla Collector K K Khare told PTI.
The toll may go up, he added.
The police is ascertaining the number of passengers on board the vehicle. The exact number of injured was also not yet known.
The incident took place near Surajpura village when the bus was heading from Doni village to Sukaria, police said.
The incident comes a day after three persons were electrocuted and 22 others suffered burn injuries when a high voltage wire fell on them when they were travelling on a truck in Vaishali district in Bihar.