Bhopal, Feb 14, 2018 : More than 1500 people in a village in Madhya Pradesh fell ill after consuming ’prasad’ (khichdi) of Shivratri.
The prasad was served at an ashram in MP’s Barwani district. The villagers complained of stomach ache and vomiting.
Meanwhile, forces have been deployed to identify the victims and bring them to the District Hospital.
The victims are also admitted to two other private hospitals.
The situation, however, is now under control.
"We deployed force to identify the victims and bring them to the District Hospital, 2 private hospitals helped in this too. The situation is under control now," Collector and District Magistrate, Tejaswi S Naik said.