mangalore today
name
name
name
Wednesday, September 26

Child chewing on charger pin, electrocuted

Child chewing on charger pin, electrocuted


Mangalore Today News Network

Feb 03, 2018: A family lost a 4-year-old kid Abhignan in a freak accident when the boy placed a mobile charger pin in his mouth and chewed on it while it was plugged into the power point.


Abhignan was electrocuted as the power point had not been switched off. The cable was hanging from the power socket and it caught the boy’s attention.

Abhignan was the only son of Indresh and Leela, who stay at Aldur. He had been bathed by his mother just minutes before the incident. Standing on a chair close to the power socket, he managed to grab the cable and put it in his mouth. He fell unconscious. His mother was alone at home when the incident happened.


A police officer said there was no visible injury, either in the mouth or any part of his body. Doctors said the boy may have died of heart or liver damage.


Family sources claimed the boy didn’t receive proper medical care at MG Hospital and the delay may have caused his death. The boy died en route to hospital.


Police said this should be an eye-opener for mobile users, especially those with children and senior citizens at home.


Write Comment     |     E-Mail To a Friend     |     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above