Sullia, Jan 25, 2016: In a tragic incident reported, a young boy died after he was electrocuted while plucking areca nut at Ivernad .
The deceased is Kirthan (17), son of Parameshwara Naik.
It is said that Kirthan was plucking areca nut from a plantation in front of his house with the help of an aluminum rod.
However, he lost balance and the rod came in contact with an electric wire.
Kirthan was PUC student at Ivernad Government PU College; he is survived by his father, mother and two sisters.
Sullia police registered a case.