Mangaluru, Feb 12, 2018: Ramakrishna Mission was all action at the 15 th Week of Swacchata Abhiyan drive in Falnir area on February 11, Sunday.
The Drive was flagged off jointly by Prof. K Raghothama Rao,Chairman, Manas Centre for Training, Bangalore & Dr. Nandita Shenoy in the divine presence of Swami Sarvasthanandaji, Designate Head of Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre, United Kingdomand Swami Jitakamanandaji at Avery Junction early in the morning. Both the Swamijis addressed the 400 plusvolunteers assembled boosting their motivation. Captain Ganesh Karnik, Mentor of the Abhiyan welcomed the volunteers. Mohammad Shameem, Masa Hiro, Dr Rajendra Prasad and several others were present on the occasion.
Cleanliness Drive: More than 400 volunteers assembled were divided into 8 groups.
1. Members of Mangalore Ladies Beauty Association under the guidance of Babitha Shetty, Meena D’Souza cleaned the left side of the road and the adjoining drains from Avery junction to Milagres.
2. Students of Sahyadri College of Engineering under Smt. Sreelatha Ullal, Ankith Kumar cleaned Dr. A S Coelho Road leading towards Jyothi circle.
3. NSS volunteers of St. Aloysisus College under the guidance of Coordinator Premalatha & Arjun Prakash cleaned the Don Bosco road and removed the overgrown weeds andgrass on the roadsides.
4. Citizens of Yekkur n members of Ayyappa Bhajana Mandira cleaned the area from Avery Junction to Attavara. Prashanth Yekkur, Jayaprakash Yekkur many others took
5. Students of Kannada Sangha of St. Aloysius College under the guidance of Smt. Sudha Kumari & Arati Shanbhogue cleaned the right side of the road from Avery junction to Milagres and removed the plastic waste lying there since long.
6. Students of Govt. First Grade College, Car Street under the guidance of Lecturer Mohaboob Sab cleaned the road leading towards Highland.
7. The students of Sahaya team of St. Aloysius College visited homes door to door in Falnir region distributing handbills on awareness and hygiene. They also appealed to the people to reduce, reuse and recycle and segregate garbage before disposal.Meena kumari, lecturer of the college guided the students.
Erection of Road divider: Swacch Mangaluru volunteers removed the barricades in Avery junction and the dirt & garbage lying under them. As the old barricades were occupying morespace and were posing problems to vehicles, they were replaced with Iron rods with reflectors toserve the purpose. Sandeep Kodikal, Prakash Garodi, Vijay Shetty, Preetham and many othersyouths actively helped.
Bus shelter given facelift: The bus shelter in Falnir region was dumped with garbage. People were hesitant to use the shelter. Today the shelter was thoroughly cleaned and beautified with new paint. Dirt and mud lying in front of the shelter was removed using JCB. Kodange Balakrishna Naik, Ramya P D, Priya Y S, Girish N G, Umar Farooq; several others helped thevolunteers. All volunteers were served tiffin in front of Motimahal. MRPL sponsored this drive.
Swacch Ambassadors: About 500 students from 100 schools have been selected as Swacch Ambassadors and they have been given oath in the Ashrama on 9 th February along with the necessary training. On February 11, about 50 resource persons were given training andorientation to conduct workshop on the workbook, Swacchata Manthana in 108 schoo lscovering 10750 students in the month of February.
A media report from the organisers has been received.
For Participation - Contact – Swami Ekagamyanandaji, Convener, Ramakrishna Mission Swacchata Abhiyan at 9448353162 for more details