Udupi: September 14, 2015: District Superintendent of police Annamalai warned that any sort of unruly behavior during the festival time would not be tolerated and stern action will be taken against the miscreants.
Addressing the Public meeting here in Udupi, Annamalai said that total of 47 check posts in the city have been built in the wake of upcoming festival.
He said that festival will only be enjoyed if people celebrate with harmony and enthusiasm. He urged both the communities to celebrate Ganeshotsav and Bakrid festival peacefully and with tradition gaiety.
In addition to that, Annamalai mentioned some of the rules to be followed during the festive season:
• The programs during the festival should be organized till 10 pm.
• Volunteers should wear badges or uniform.
• Every pendal should have fire extinguisher as safety measure
• Alcohol will be banned on the immersion day.
• There should lighting facilities in Public Places
• Loud speakers above 50 decibel are not permitted.
If any organisation or a person is found violating the rules and disrupting the society, firm action will be taken against them he warned.
In addition to that he said people involving in cattle trafficking or theft will be punished according to the law.
He assured that police will provide all the necessary security measures to keep the celebration peaceful.