mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, March 22
Boscossnamename

 

Union Minister Gadkari to lay foundation for Kulai fishing jetty, several other projects tomorrow

Union Minister Gadkari to lay foundation for Kulai fishing jetty, several other projects tomorrow


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru, Mar 04, 2019:  Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation through video conferencing for the  Kulai Fishing Jetty as well as several road development projects under Bharathmala and Sagaramala projects on March 5 at a function  to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centenary Hall, Panambur.

 

kateelpressmee...


kateelpressmee...


Informing this to reporters here on March 4, Monday, Dakshina Kannada MP Nalin Kumar Kateel stated that foundation will be laid for a 91.20 km long Mangaluru bypass road. The project costing Rs 2,500 crores will link Mulki, Kinnigoli, Kateel, Bajpe, Kaikamba, Polali, Addur, Kalpane, BC Road, Melkar, Konaje  and Thokkottu.  Another project for which foundation would be  laid is the four lane project from Sannur Junction to Bikarnakatte Junction on NH 169. The 45.01 km long project would envisage an investment of Rs 1,163 crores, he said. Even a new six lane bridge would be constructed across river Phalguni at Kulur, he said adding the project would entail a cost of Rs 65 crores.

The Kulai Fishing Jetty will come up at a cost of Rs 196 crores with a 45% share in cost by the NMPT. The state government will invest  5% of the total costs while the Union Government share would be 50%, he said adding the jetty would have the capacity to anchor 350 boats.

Nalin  also claimed that he has done his best by bringing  funds for development of various projects during his ten year  tenure as MP. He also said administrative approval has been secured for a Coconut Park at Bantwal,  Plastic Park, Central School at NITK and Coast Guard Training Centre.

There is also plan to set up a Special Agricultural Zone  for Puttur, Sullia and Belthangady, he added.

NHAI Project Director Samson Vijay Kumar and others were present.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above