Mangaluru, Oct 17, 2019: A tyre shop adjacent to the Hidayat Centre at Bunder was partially damaged in a fire mishap. However a major mishap was averted as local residents who noticed the fire, immediately informed the fire service department as well as MESCOM which snapped power connection.
This helped in preventing the fire from spreading. Several local youngsters too joned hands to douse the fire.
A short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire. The loss has been estimated at Rs 6 lakhs.
The tyre shop named Navajeevan Traders is owned by K C Suresh.