Moodabidri , Feb 01, 2017 : An automated teller machine (ATM) booth of SBI in Moodabidri caught fire suddenly but no one was injured say police . The incident took place on January 31, Tuesday morning.
It is said that on hearing alarm sparking the locals panic they used the fire extinguisher to douse the fire but was in vain. Two Machines present inside was gutted completely.
The ATM machine was gutted in the fire and officials suspect that cash inside the machine might have also got burnt in the incident. Bank officials, who reached the spot after the fire was doused, were yet to ascertain the exact amount of cash that burnt in the incident as they were unable to open the cash.
Reports say that ATM the fire might have caused due to a short circuit. The case is being further probed by fire officials and the police as well.