mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, May 25
BoscossWhite Stone Apartmentsname

 

Mobile phone catches fire youth narrowly escapes in Udupi

Mobile phone catches fire youth narrowly escapes in Udupi


Mangalore Today News Network

Udupi, June 14, 2017: Reports have surfaced of youth on the way to the Indrali  railway station in Udupi, escaped narrowly from serious injury or worse,  after his mobile telephone caught fire spontaneously on June 13, Tuesday. Manjunath, who runs a general store at Katapadi, had kept his mobile telephone in the pocket of his trousers and was riding his motorcycle with his wife on the pillion.


mobile 1


He began feeling heat in his pocket and spotted smoke. An alert Manjunath stopped his motorcycle and threw away the mobile phone which later went up in flames. Manjunath escaped unhurt.

Manjunath is reported to have said that the mobile telephone and its battery was burnt. The front portion was intact, but the back portion had got burnt. He had purchased the mobile telephone about 15 months ago. The entire mobile telephone would have got burnt, but people around stamped it to check the fire from spreading and removed the SIM card thus saving it.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Rashmitha Karkera, manglore Wed, June-14-2017, 1:36
Mobile phones itself are risky. We are so addicted to it that we keep it close even when we go to bed
Arun Kumar, Udupi Wed, June-14-2017, 12:06
Luckily his alertness saved him from any danger .
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above