Photos: Prashanth Nayak / Ramachandra Bhat
Mangaluru, March 16, 2018: A fire broke out in an automobile junk yard in Bunder, Mangaluru on march 16, 2018. The fire was first noticed in the shop on Bibi Alabi Road at around 6 am. Within no time the fire engulfed the entire shop. The fire tender vehicles which rushed to the spot extinguished the fire with the help of locals. The fire personals have reached in time to prevent spreading of fire.
Though the exact reason for the fire mishap is not known, a short circuit is suspected to have led to the fire. The junk yard was filled with auto-parts and other waste products which was totally destroyed. The loss is estimated to be around 15 lakhs. It is learnt even the adjacent shops have suffered some minor damages in the fire. No causalities reported. The fire was completely put off by 8.00 AM.