Mangaluru, July 18, 2018: A MESCOM contract worker was electrocuted and eight others sustained serious injuries when they came into contact with a live high-tension wire near the Maravoor bus stand on July 18, Wednesday. The mishap took place when the contact workers of MESCOM were installing a new electric pole.
It is said they came into contact with a live high-tension electric wire of the old electric pole which was nearby. Negligence of MESCOM in failing to switch off the power connection is said to have led to the mishap.
The deceased has been identified as Edapadavu resident, 55 year old Ganesh. The injured Mohan, Dinesh, Anand, Gopal, Krishna, Dhananjaya and Padmanabha have been hospitalised.
Bajpe Police have registered a case.