mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, April 20
Marianne ApartmentsWhite Stone Apartmentsname

 

Mangalore origin couple in San Jose US shot dead by known youth

Mangalore origin couple in San Jose US shot dead by known youth


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru, May 6,2017: According to US media reports a couple said to be of Mangalorean origin were shot dead by a known young man in the US.  Naren Prabhu, and his wife Raynah were shot dead by 24-year-old Mirza Tatlic, who was allegedly the  former boyfriend of the dead couple’s daughter Rachel. It is said that Raynah was the daughter of Lila Sequeira of Karambar, Bajpe, who is now living in Bandra, Mumbai.


San JoseThe incident took place in the couple’s house at Laura Ville Lane in San Jose at about 9 pm at night. The suspect was later shot dead by the police as he brandished a gun and threatened the police.  It has been mentioned that, Rachel was in a relationship with Mirza but the relationship had ended in 2016.


Mirza continued to pester her, the family had obtained a restraining order against the youth.  Tatlic was struggling to find work, and was often seen walking around without a shirt on and was described as ’troubled’.



The police received a call from the couple’s 20-year-old son that Mirza had shot his parents at their house. When the police arrived at the spot, they found Naren Prabhu lying dead in the front doorway, said San Jose police chief Eddie Garcia in a news conference outside the police headquarters. A younger boy 13 was briefly held by the shooter inside the home, but was soon out and crying bitterly. The victims’ adult daughter (Rachel) who was not home.

"San Jose police department got a call from the adult son of the victims saying a suspect had shot his parents. When officers arrived at the home on Laura Valle Lane they saw an adult man deceased in the front doorway from at least one gunshot wound. Officers learned from the adult son that his mother and 13-year-old brother, along with the suspect, were still inside the house. In addition, the adult son thought his mom had been shot," the chief said.

A stand-off ensued between the police and Mirza, and SWAT team was called in. "As officers were setting up contain and arrest teams, the suspect released the 13-year-old boy," Garcia said.

At one point, Tatlic used the 13-year-old boy’s cell phone to call Rachel, who lives in another US state. He also used the boy as a human shield, reports said.   Mirza refused to surrender and pointed his gun at the officers. Fearing for the lives of fellow officers and victims, at least one round was fired by an officer striking the suspect, Garcia added. Thereafter, when the police entered the house, they found the two victims and the suspect lying dead.  "We were dealing with someone who was mentally  disturbed, " the police chief said.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above