mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, September 21
Boscossnamename

 

Mangalore University set to bestow 43 gold medals at 35th convocation due March 3, today

Mangalore University set to bestow 43 gold medals at 35th convocation due March 3, today


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangalore, Mar 3, 2017: Mangalore university’s  35th annual convocation is set to be held at Mangala auditorium of the university today, March 3, Thursday. It will see 56 candidates receive their PhDs from the Governor and Chancellor of the University,  Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala. The university will award 43 gold medals, 63 cash prizes. There are 249 ranks, including 62 students - first rank holders (PG 45, UG -17, arts 15; science & technology 32; commerce 10; education 3 and PG diploma 2).


Mangalore University 1


Ajay K Sood, president, Indian National Science Academy New Delhi and director, Nanomission, department of science and technology, New Delhi and honorary professor, department of physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru will be the chief guest and deliver the convocation address on this occasion. Basavaraj Rayaraddi, the pro-chancellor of the university and minister for higher education, will be the guest of honour, stated K Byrappa, vice-chancellor

During 2015-16, in the various examinations conducted by the University out of 32,537 candidates who appeared for the examinations, 27,208 (83.62%) passed. In the PG courses, out of 5,017 candidates who appeared, 4,962 (98.90%) passed and among the 27,459 UG students who appeared, 22,185 (80.79%) passed. In PG diploma course, all the five who candidates appeared for the examination passed (100%), noted A M Khan, registrar (evaluation).

Out of 4,962 PG students who passed, boys account for 1,676 (33.78%) and girls account for 3,286 students (66.22 %). Similarly at the UG level, out of 22,185 candidates who passed, 7,678 (34.61%) are boys and remaining 14,507 (65.39%) are girls. As far as PG diploma examination is concerned, all five candidates are girls. Out of 27,208 total number of candidates who passed, 9,386 (34.50%) are boys and the girls account for 17,822 (65.50%) successful ones.

As far as total performance in examinations is concerned, out of 27,152 (except PhD) candidates who passed, 8,853 (32.61%) secured distinction, 10,186 (37.51%) secured first class, 6,636 (24.44%) passed with second class and remaining 1,477 (5.44%) secured third class. Out of 27,208 candidates who passed, 2,162 (7.95%) (PhD 56, PG 590, UG 1,516) will receive their degrees in person and rest will receive the same in absentia, Khan said.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above