Mangaluru, Jan 09, 2021: A major fire mishap in a spring manufacturing unit at Baikampady industrial area on Friday night at around 7 pm has resulted in loss of equipment worth several crores of rupees. Luckily there were no casualties.
The fire was first noticed in the robot unit of the factory. An electric short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the mishap. Fire tender vehicles from MCF and Kadri rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire with great effort.
Though night shift workers were on duty some of them had gone for tea when the mishap took place. Luckily the fire did not spread to the 90,000 litres of furnace oil in the factory.