mangalore today
Sunday, June 16


MLA Vinay Kumar Sorake refutes reports of Late DySP Ganapati being close

MLA Vinay Kumar Sorake refutes reports of Late DySP Ganapati being close

Mangalore Today News Network

Vinay Kumar SorakeUdupi, August 25, 2017: Kaup MLA, former minister Vinay Kumar Sorake on August 24, Thursday clarified that he hadn’t received any cell, tele-phone call from late DYSP MK Ganapati. He was speaking to media  after reports which alleged DYSP had contact with the MLA before his mysterious death in Madikeri last year. MLA’s statement came in the wake of new twist to the mysterious death of DYSP Ganapati.

Sorake described DYSP as an honest police officer who worked hard to maintain law and order when he had been serving in Dakshina Kannada district. MLA further added that he officially met him number of times also denied the reports that he received a call from Ganapati just a day before his death. MLA also clarified that he wasn’t close to the deceased as reported in the media.

Crucial evidence erased, says FSL
A report by the Forensic Science Laboratory, submitted to the Criminal Investigation Department, notes that crucial evidence such as mobile call record details, messages and even some files stored in a hard drive and a pen drive belonging to the officer have been erased. The report does not specify when they were deleted or what the deleted files could have contained.

However, an FSL source claimed that it pointed to “an effort to derail investigations” and perhaps “save many people, including politicians and top police officials”.

The mobile phone could not be analysed as it was password protected, but the FSL team was able to access his Cloud account and get call record details. Here, too, they found that calls he made before his death have been erased.

One call was made from each of the SIMs cards. One SIM card had three contacts and the other had 15 contacts stored in its memory. Other data collected from the SIM cards were also submitted.

“Though the report was submitted to the CID an year ago, there has been no effort to probe this angle,” sources in the department said.

Sources said there were many loopholes in the investigation which the police had not looked into. There were reports from the police that two rounds were fired from Ganapathi’s service revolver before he allegedly hanged himself.

“However, there were no residue marks on his hands, and no mention about it during the spot inspection. Even fingerprints have not been recorded from the scene of crime, and those from the room where his body was found have not been analysed properly,” said sources.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above