mangalore today
Monday, March 19
Marianne ApartmentsWhite Stone Apartmentsname


MIT student succumbs to burn injuries in freak mishap in hostel bathroom

MIT student succumbs to burn injuries in freak mishap in hostel bathroom

Mangalore Today News Network

Udupi, Mar 18, 2016: A second year Chemical Engineering student of Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) who had sustained serious burn injuries while having  a bath in the hostel bathroom  has breathed his last in the KMC Hospital on March  17, Thursday.

MIT studentThe incident is learnt to have taken place  at around midnight  and reports state that the student Neham Agarwal of Haryana origin suffered injuries after the geyser in the bathroom exploded. He was rushed to the hospital by the security staff and other students after breaking open the bathroom doors, but of no avail.

Meanwhile, some attempts made to project it as a case of suicide  was strongly objected by the management which even issued a statement  clarifying that the student was injured in the bathroom in an accident . It has also assured to ensure a thorough probe into the incident.

Meanwhile, police sources revealed that a bottle of kerosene was found at the spot. However there is no confirmation as to yet.

The parents of the student  have arrived from Haryana.Investigations are underway by Manipal police.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Likitha Pai, Mangaluru Fri, March-18-2016, 1:23
A rare tragic incident .Looks tricky when hearing about the kerosene bottle present in the bathroom. The justice should be provided to Neham’s family
Kashmira, Chennai Fri, March-18-2016, 1:21
This is strange incident and sad news too? But how can the burst of the geyser cause the burn injuries to the guy? The police has to investigate the case
Nihal Barkur, Udupi Fri, March-18-2016, 1:18
May his eternal soul rest in peace.
Chirmith desai, Kolkatta Fri, March-18-2016, 1:15
To the surprise why the kerosene bottle present in the bathroom. This accident has shocked many in the premises. They come a long way for studies and such incidents takes place its a life long pain to the family of the deceased.
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above