New Delhi, Nov 21, 2017 : The Centre has simplified the linking of Aadhaar with mobile number and the new system will come into force from December 1.
The Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI) has asked the telecom service providers to put in place the system to implement the latest system to re-verify mobile numbers by generating a one-time password (OTP) either through the service provider’s website or through its Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services.
However, online linking is possible only if a user’s mobile number is registered with UIDAI.
If the mobile number is not registered, customers have to first update their mobile number by visiting Aadhaar enrollment centres.
* Visit service provider’s website
* Enter mobile number
* Receive OTP on the entered mobile number
* Enter OTP on the website.
* Consent message will be displayed
* Enter Aadhaar number
* OTP request sent to UIDAI
* If number is registered, customer will receive OTP
* Receive consent message to get e-KYC from UIDAI
* Enter OTP after giving consent
>>>Via IVR helpline:
* Call service provider’s Interactive Voice Recorder (IVR)
* IVR plays the consent message
* Provide Aadhaar number.
* OTP request sent to UIDAI if number is registered
* Receive OTP and consent message
* Enter OTP on IVR and e-KYC details are fetched from UIDAI
* Receive successful mobile re-verification message