mangalore today
Tuesday, March 19


Kundapur : Fire guts hardware shop; loss estimated at Rs 40 lakhs

Kundapur : Fire guts hardware shop; loss estimated at Rs 40 lakhs

Mangalore Today News Network

Kundapur, Oct 11, 2015 :  A hardware shop located  at Patel Complex at Idoor-Kunhadi near Kollur was gutted in a fire mishap on October 9, Friday evening. The loss has been estimated at Rs 40 lakhs.

fire shop 1


fireshop kundapur 2


fireshop kundapur 4

The shop named Swasti Hardwares owned by Sarvottam Shetty, an advocate and his brother Goverdhan Shetty  was a well-known establishment in the area. Several valuables  including paint boxes, pipes etc were destroyed in the fire.

Though  the locals tried their level best to douse the fire it proved a futile exercise. By the time the fire tender vehicles arrived the  fire had engulfed the entire shop.

The shop owner Sarvottam suspected a defect in the electricity cable as the reason for the mishap. Even an adjacent office room where he practiced law  was destroyed in the fire.

Luckily no one was hurt and also the other shops in the building  did not suffer any damage.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Meghana, mangalore Sat, October-10-2015, 12:41

How sad everything is burnt to ashes. Huge loss to the owner.

Gangadhar, Mangalore Sat, October-10-2015, 12:39

Thank god no nobody is injured. Was it due to short circuit?

Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above