mangalore today
name
name
name
Friday, December 14
Boscossnamename

 

Kundapur : 2 close friends electrocuted while putting up buntings

Kundapur : 2 close friends electrocuted while putting up buntings


Mangalore Today News Network

Kundapur, Dec 31, 2015:  In a tragic incident, two youngsters, both close friends, were electrocuted and another sustained critical injuries  when they came into contact with a hi-tension wire while putting up buntings for programme  at Tallur  late night on December 29, Tuesday.


tragic.jp


The deceased are Manoj Devadiga (30) and Sunil Mogaveera (23). It has been learnt that Mahesh who had climbed a tree  to put up a bunting had not noticed the hi-tension wire  above.    When Sunil  tried to hold the other edge the bunting which had without their notice passed through the hi-tension wire, he was electrocuted. Manoj who rushed to his rescue also died. Mahesh sustained injuries in the mishap.

It is said the youngsters had embarked upon the task of putting up buntings late night despite warning by the Police Department against doing so.

The town of Tallur observed a bundh on Wednesday as a mark of respect to the departed youth.

If Manoj Devadiga worked in a soft drink factory, Sunil was a second year BA student of Bhandarkar’s College , Kundapur. He used to attend college during day time and do catering and other works during evening hours.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above