Manipal: August 17, 2015: Following the success of its non-stop Flybus service between Mysuru and Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), the KSRTC will ply a similar service between Manipal and KIA, via Mangaluru and Udupi, where it will have halts.
The service will start on August 20, departing both the places at 10 p.m. and reaching the destinations at 7 a.m. the next day.
KSRTC General Manager (Operations) K.S. Vishwanath said the fare between Udupi/ Manipal and KIA is Rs. 1,100 while between Mangaluru and KIA is Rs. 1,000. Flybus fare on the Mysuru route is Rs. 790.
The corporation will deploy multi-axle Volvo coaches on the Manipal route with ample leg room for passengers. The buses will display live flight timings, have GPS, Wi-Fi, entertainment system, panty and chemical toilet.
He said the corporation decided to run the service as there are many people, including hundreds of students from Manipal and Mangaluru, who travel via KIA since there are not many direct flights from Mangaluru to North Indian destinations.
KSRTC’s first such initiative between Mysuru and KIA, though initially lacked response, has picked up. The corporation has now deployed two coaches on the route every day. They depart KIA at 8 a.m., 10.30 a.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., and Mysuru at 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
* Between Manipal and Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, via Mangaluru
* Service from August 20
* Departure from both places at 10 pm and arrival at destination at 7 am next day
* Udupi/Manipal-KIA fare Rs. 1,100; Mangaluru-KIA fare Rs 1,000
* Volvo multi-Axle coach
* Pantry and chemical toilets
* Live entertainment with 60+ channels
* Artificial leather seats with more legroom
* Live display of flight timings
* GPS and Wi-Fi facilities
* Total seats: 40