Mangaluru, May 08, 2018: On the 8th of May 2018, Rt.Rev.Dr. Aloysious Paul D’ Souza Bishop of Mangalore inaugurated the renovated Bethany convent chapel at Bendur. This Chapel was built in 1934 by Mgr. RFC Mascarenhas, the Servant of God and thusit is a heritage of the Institute.On this occasion 27 Sisters celebrated the golden jubilee of their religious profession.
The Eucharist was celebrated by Bishop D’ Souza together with six other priests joining in the concelebration. Rev. Fr Antony Shera parish priest of St. Sebastian church, Bendur preached an eloquent homily calling upon the jubilarians to count the blessings of God in their lives. Sister Rose Celine the Superior General greeted the jubilarians.
The celebration was followed by felicitation programme and sumptuous meal.