Kasargod, Nov 07, 2014: A bus of Government Hindusthani Upper Primary School at Uppala was destroyed in a fire under mysterious circumstances early on Nov 6, Thursday. The bus parked in a shed, was noticed by teachers when they reached the premises to open the school to be on fire.
Local people, assisted by Fire and Rescue Services personnel from Uppala and the Manjeswaram to douse the fire. The vehicle had by then suffered extensive damage. The bus was purchased using the Local Area Development fund of by P.B. Abdul Razak, MLA, six months ago.
The bus was out of service since three months due to some mechanical fault. The School authorities ruled out the possibility of a short circuit citing the poor condition of the bus battery. The authorities who suspect foul play, filed a complaint.