Ratnagiri, Oct 7, 2014: A goods train carrying food grains from Mumbai to Ratnagiri in Konkan Rail route derailed in Chiplun in Maharastra state today, October 7, 2014 at 7.45 AM.
The accident took place in a higher railway track between Chiplun and Kamte railway station in the Konkan rail route about 70 kms away from Ratnagiri station. 12 boggies of the goods train have toppled after the derailment. Extensive damage to the railway track is reported. However, no causality is reported. The cause of accident is yet to ascertain.
All trains in Konkan Railway rout is suspended or diverted due to the derailment. More details awaited.
Following changes in train services have been made:
Trains Diverted Via Panvel, Pune, Meeraj, Londa and Madgaon.
1) T.No.16346 Trivandrum - Lokmanya Tilak Terminus ‘Netravati’ Express which left Trivandrum on 06/10/2014
2) T.No. 16334 Trivandrum-Veraval Express which left Trivandrum on 06/10/2014
3) T.No.19577 Tirunvelveli- Hapa Express which left Tirunelveli on 06/07/2014
4) T.No16345 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus -Trivandrum ‘ Netravati’ Express of 07/10/2014
5) T.No. 12619 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Mangalore ‘Matsyagandha’ Express of 07/10/2014
Rescheduling of train:
Train No.12620 Mangalore Central – Lokmanya Tilak Matsyagandha express scheduled to leave Mangalore Central at 12.50 hrs on 07.10.2014 is rescheduled to leave at 14.50 hrs. on the same day.