Beltangady, Feb 21, 2019: A four year old girl child dies of burn injuries on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. She sustained major burn following boiling cooked rice fell on at her house on February 13. She was rushed the hospital but she succumbed on Wednesday.
The child is identified as Nishmiya, daughter of Abdul Khader and Rukiya from Pilya Badriya Nagar, in Belthangadi taluk. The incident occurred while the cooked rice was being taken from the stove. Boiling rice and hot water fell on the child who was standing near the stove. The child suffered over 50 percent burns and was admitted ina private hospital at Mangaluru.
A case has been registered Venoor police for negligence.