Udupi, April 28, 2019: A fire which was noticed in the AC coach of the Nizamuddin Express on way to Ernakulam from Mumbai late night on Saturday was put off on time after a lady passenger who alighted the train at Kundapur at around 1.20 am immediately informed the authorities.
The train was passing through Kambadakone near Byndoor Railway Station when the AC coach caught fire accidentally reportedly due to a short circuit. As all the passengers were fast asleep it had not come to the notice of anyone.
No sooner the lady who alighted at Kundapur informed the authorities the railway personnel rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire.
Luckily there were no casualties except some minor injuries to some passengers when railway personnel broke the window panes of the AC coach.
The seats in the coach were damaged in the fire. The AC coach was later detached and alternate arrangements were made to send the passengers to Ernakulam.