Udupi , Oct 4,2017: The Raj Fish Mill at Malpe owned by Udupi District in-charge Minister Pramod Madhwaraj was damaged due to a fire that broke out on October 3, Tuesday evening. Luckily there were no casualties as the workers who were inside rushed out on noticing fire in one of the boilers.
A short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire. The fibre made boiler in the Mill has been gutted in the fire. Fire service personnel who rushed to the spot, doused the fire. Property worth several lakhs of rupees has been destroyed.