MangaIuru, Jan. 20, 2016: Fire Service refuse to come to put off the fire that broke out in a compound behind the K S Hegde Medical college campus on Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
A student who noticed the fire and smoke called 101 ( Fire service) informed them. The answer from the Fire department was not only irresponsible but also disappointing. They asked the caller to put off the fire or ask people around to put off themselves.
“I saw this from the library of the college. People were trying to put it out. There are a few houses close by which was in danger. I didnt know what to do and I called 101. The guy said they come only for emergencies. Let the people there put it out. If they can’t, we will see” the student from A B Shetty Dental College said.
If this is the attitude of the emergency services what could happen is anybody’s Imagination. Well, the entire area is charred and the fire could spread to the houses and buildings around.
Who will save the people, if the emergency services fail due to the irresponsibility and lethargy of the service departments.