Mangaluru, Aug 16, 2018: As a result of the continued flash floods, landslides and water overflowing the tracks at various places over Palghat and Trivandrum divisions, and keeping the safety of public in view, train services are suspended in the following sections:-
All train traffic between Trivandrum – Ernakulam and Trivandrum via Kottayam with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
All train traffic between Ernakulam – Shoranur and Palghat with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
All train traffic between Palghat – Shoranur and Shoranur – Kozhikkode with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
It is reported that water levels are overflowing on track and passed danger level of bridges at different places. Railway Officials are closely monitoring every sensitive sections. Public are requested to kindly update the railways announcements and cooperate with inevitable decision.
However the train service between Trivandrum- Ernakulam via Alleppey and Trivandrum –Tirunelveli via Nagercoil will be operated under suitable speed restrictions as required.
In view of the changes in the pattern of train services are as follows:-
Cancellation of Trains on 16.08.2018:
1. Train No 16347 Trivandrum – Mangalore Express
2. Train No 12624 Trivandrum – Chennai central Trivandrum Mail
3. Train No 12778 Kochuveli – Hubi Express
4. Train No 12623 Chennai Central – Trivandrum Triandrum Mail
5. Train No 12601 Chennai Central – Mangalore Mail
6. Train No 22638 Mangalore Central – Chennai Central West coast Super fast Express
7. Train No 16603 Mangalore – Trivandrum Maveli Express
8. Train No 12686 Mangalore – Chennai Central Super Fast
9. Train N0 16630 Mangalore Central – Trivandrum Central Malabar Express
10.Train No 16348 Mangalore Central – Trivandrum Express
11.Train No 16344/16350 Madurai – Nilambur – Trivandrum Express
Re-scheduling / Diversion of Trains :
Train No 15905 Kanniyakumari – Dibrugarh Vivek Express scheduled to leave Kanniyakumari at 23.00 hrs is re-scheduled to leave Kanniyakumari at 12.00 hrs on 17.08.2018, and diverted via Nagercoil Town, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Dindigul and Erode.
Partial Cancellation of Trains:
1. Train No 12522 Ernakulam – Barauni Rapthisagar Express scheduled to leave Ernakulam on 17.08.2018 will be partially cancelled between Ernakulam and Erode, and will originate from Erode.
2. Train No 16343 Trivandrum – Madurai Amrita Express of 15.08.2018 is partially cancelled between Shoranur – Madurai.
3. Train No 12695 Chennai Central – Trivandrum Central Sperfast Express will run upto Palaghat and return run as Train No 12696 from Palaghat on 18.08.2018 to the existing timings.
4. Trian No 12602 Mangalore Central – Chennai Central Super fast mail partially cancelled between Kozhikkode – Chennai Central and same rake will be run as Passenger Special to Mangalore to the convenient time.
5. Train no 12685 journey started on 16.08.2018Chennai-Mangalore will run up to Palakkad Jn. and will return on 17.08.2018 the existing timings from Palakkad JN .
6. Train no 22637 Chennai central –Mangalore West coast Superfast Express started on 16.08.2018 is partially cancelled between Tirupur and Mangalore.