mangalore today
Friday, August 14
Abish Buildersnamename


Dy.SP Ganapathy suicide: CID probe picks up pace

Dy.SP Ganapathy suicide: CID probe picks up pace

Mangalore Today News Network

Bengaluru, July 9, 2016: The special team of sleuths from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have questioned all those whom Deputy Superintendent of Police (Dy.SP) M.K. Ganapathy met on Thursday, the day he committed suicide.

CID team -Dysp...

Ganapathi_DySP...More significantly, the team questioned the staff at TV One Channel, a private television channel, who interviewed Ganapathy hours before his death. The sleuths have also secured the original tape of the 33-minute long interview, thereby bringing all the allegations Ganapathy made against the former home minister and senior IPS officials on record.

CID sources said they will take a legal opinion on whether the interview can be considered a dying declaration or not. Legal experts have been demanding that considering the interview as a “dying declaration” and have sought that a case of abetment for suicide by registered by the CID against minister K.J. George and two senior officials – Pronab Mohanty and A.M. Prasad.

The staff of the TV One channel was made to answer a questionnaire, which included questions on not just the interview but also their opinion of Ganapathy’s state of mind that day – whether he was emotional and other such questions on his behaviour. It has also transpired that Ganapathy told the journalists at TV One that he was returning to Mangaluru. He went back to Vinayaka Lodge instead.

Speaking to reporters, Dinesh, an autorickshaw driver in Madikeri who took Ganapathy to the TV One studio and back to the lodge, recalled how Ganapathy, who was in the uniform sat in his autorickshaw. He said he picked up Ganapathy in front of Vinayaka Lodge on Thursday morning. “At 1.30 p.m., he asked to be dropped back to the lodge,” he said.

Meanwhile, Hemanth Nimbalkar, IGP, CID, leading the team in Kodagu, visited Ganapathy’s ancestral home at Rangasamudra village on Saturday morning. The team was at the family home for about 45 minutes. It is learnt that the family members sought additional time to record their statements, as they were still in mourning.

Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above