Mangaluru, Nov 2, 2015: The Southern Railway today cancelled several trains and diverted and rescheduled many others due to the floods in Chennai and some other parts of the Tamilnadu.
According to an official press release, the following trains from Mangaluru were Diverted and cancelled:
Cancellation on 02.12.2015
1. Train No.12601 Chennai Central – Mangaluru Central Mail scheduled to leave Chennai Central on 02.12.2015 is cancelled.
Diversion on 03.12.2015
1. Train No.13351 scheduled to arrive Chennai Central on 3.12.2015 is diverted via,Gudur, Renigunta, Melpakkam and Erode.
2. Train No.22642 Shalimar – Thiruvananthapuram Superfast Express scheduled to arrive Chennai Cental on 3.12.2015 is diverted via. Gudur, Renigunta, Melpakkam and Erode.
Short termination of trains left kerala on 02.12.2015
(Short termination enroute- before reaching Chennai on 03.12.2015 )
1. Train No.12602 Mangaluru Central – Chennai Cental Express left Mangaluru on 2.12.2015 will be short terminated at Salem.
2. Train No.22640 Alappuzha – Chennai Central Express left Alappuzha on 2.12.2015 will be short terminated at Jolarpettai.
3. Train No. 12624 Thiruvananthapuram Cental – Chennai Central Mail left Thirvananthapuram on 2.12.2015 will be short terminated at Tiruvallur.
4. Train No.12686 Mangaluru –Chennai Cental Superfast Express left Mangaluru on 2.12.2015 will be short terminated at Arakkonam.
5. 12696 Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai Cental Superfast Express left Thiruvananthapuram on 2.12.2015 will be short terminated at Arakkonam.
Partial Cancellation of train Services on 03.12.2015
1. Train No 22637 Chennai Central –Mangaluru Central West Coast Express will be partially cancelled between Chennai Cental and Salem on 03.12.2015 and the train will leave Salem at 16.45hrs.on the same day.
2. Train No.12695 Chennai Central – Thiruvananthapuram Superfast Express will be Cancelled between Chennai Central and Jolarpettai on 03.12.2015 and leave Jolarpettai at 18.40 hrs. on same day.