mangalore today
name
name
name
Sunday, October 21
Boscossnamename

 

’News Point’ set to fire in Mudipu, Rs. 7 lakh worth property lost

’News Point’ set to fire in Mudipu, Rs. 7 lakh worth property lost


mangaloretoday.com

Mangaluru,April 28, 2015: Miscreants poured Kerosene and set fire to a shop named ’News Point’, well known for sale of newspapers, stationery and mobile phones in Mudipu in the wee hours on Tuesday, April 28.

 

news point mudipu


The loss is estimated to be Rs 7 lakh and the shop is owned by Mudipu residents Venkatesh and Jagadish. Neighboring hoteliers who saw the fire inside the shop at about 5 a m informed Venkatesh. Though locals together extinguished the fire, the items in the shop were partly turned to ashes.


As Kerosene oil marks were found till outside of the shop, it is confirmed that the shop was set on fire. Police are looking out for the suspects. Locals say that as the shop had good business, miscreants might have set fire to the shop out of jealousy.


In a similar incident on November 29, 2008 the same shop was gutted due to electric short circuit.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above