mangalore today
name
name
name
Saturday, February 29
namenamename

 

Pune: Three of a family injured in cooking gas leak explosion, 6-month-old girl critical

Pune: Three of a family injured in cooking gas leak explosion, 6-month-old girl critical


Mangalore Today News Network

Pune, Jan 27, 2020: According to the Pune fire brigade, the incident took place between 7.45 am and 8 am in Sambhaji Nagar.

Three persons of a family, including a six-month-old girl, were injured in a cooking gas leak explosion in Kharadi area of Pune on Monday morning, Yahoo reported.

 

explosion27janThe baby is said to be in a critical condition.

Police have identified the injured as Shankar Bhavale (28), his wife Asha (26) and their daughter Swarali. The cylinder exploded when Asha tried to ignite the gas burner.

According to the Pune fire brigade, the incident took place between 7.45 am and 8 am in Sambhaji Nagar.

Fire Officer Subhash Jadhav said, "Prima facie, it looks like an explosion due to gas leakage. The family had moved to Pune from Nanded recently and had got the gas connection only yesterday. The cylinder might have been faulty and leaking for a while. It exploded when Asha Bhavale tried to ignite the burner to heat water. Due to the explosion, a lot of newly bought objects were destroyed and the tin roof of the room was blown away."

Jadhav said while all three are injured, the baby has sustained the most injuries, with 60 per cent burns.

Fire brigade officials said Shankar works at a construction site in Kharadi.


Write Comment | E-Mail To a Friend | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above