Bhubaneswar, Jan 24, 2020: At least 50 people were taken ill after they consumed food at a community feast that had a dead snake in it. The dead snake was found in the container from which the food had been served to the guests.
The incident took place at Deuli village under Pattamundai police limits in Kendrapada District.
As per reports, a Women’s Self Help Group (SHG) had organized the feast in a temple where members of at least 25-30 families, most of whom were women and children, attended the ceremony.
The feast turned fatal after around 50 people, mostly women and children, were shifted to the sub-divisional hospital in Pattamundai for treatment after they felt nauseous and uneasiness. All of them are out of danger, as per the latest report.
"The patients were treated for suspected food poisoning and administered intravenous fluid. All those admitted in the hospital responded well to the treatment and are being discharged from the hospital in a phased manner," the doctor said.