mangalore today
Saturday, September 19
Abish Buildersnamename


No arrests yet in UP 6-year-old’s rape; cops release photos of accused

Mangalore Today News Network

Hapur/ Meerut, Aug 12, 2020: Six days on, the police is yet to make an arrest in the rape of a six-year-old girl in Uttar Pradesh’s Hapur, who is being treated at a hospital in Meerut where she continues to be critical. A photo of the accused has been released, days after three sketches - based on the statements of the girl’s parents and neighbours - were made public.


"Whoever can provide information about this man will be given a reward of ₹ 50,000. The name of the person who gives the information will not be revealed," the police said in a statement, which carries the photo of the accused - Dalpat.

The police said the officials are also conducting search operations in the area where the six-year-old was raped after she was kidnapped.  They also released photos showing officers moving around in areas around the site during the search operations.

Hapur Rape Case: Police said search operations are being conducted to find the accused; photos were also released showing officers patrolling, six days after no arrests have been made.

The girl was kidnapped from outside her home in the Garh Mukhteshwar area, less than 100 KM from Delhi, last week on Thursday reportedly by a man on a motorcycle.

When her parents reported her missing, the police launched a search for her. She was found the next morning, unconscious and soaked in blood, behind bushes not far from her village.

Hapur Rape Case: Three sketches were earlier released by the police.

A medical examination confirmed rape. The girl was rushed to a specialised hospital in Meerut and has been through at least one surgery. Doctors say she is stable but not out of danger.

Listen to the latest songs, only on

On Monday, three sketches were released by the police. Last week, a 12-year-old girl was assaulted in the national capital. She was sexually assaulted at her west Delhi home on August 4, when her parents were at work.

The girl, tortured and brutalised with scissors by her attacker, was admitted to the AIIMS hospital. Chief Minister Arvind Kerjiwal called the crime "barbaric". The accused was arrested two days after the incident.


Write Comment | E-Mail To a Friend | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above