Mangaluru, Nov 26, 2022: A car which was parked on the roadside near the Balmatta Junction in the city caught fire all of a sudden on November 26, Saturday afternoon. The engine of the car of Ford company was completely damaged due to the fire.
The mishap took place at around 1.15 pm even as some women passengers were in the car. Initially smoke was noticed from the engine of the car and within minutes the whole area was engulfed in a thick smoke. Fire service personnel with the help of locals put out the fire. A short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire.
Traffic ACP Geetha Kulakarni and others visited the spot.