mangalore today

Jharkhand cancels JSSC-CGL exams, orders probe into recruitment irregularities since 2014


Mangalore Today News Network

Ranchi, Aug 18, 2026: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday announced the cancellation of the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission-Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examinations and all activities associated with Technocratic Dynamos Pvt. Ltd. (TDPL), including examinations conducted, results published and candidates selected or involved in the process.

The decision came amid protests by students and job aspirants, who had been demanding accountability and action over alleged irregularities in the recruitment process.


JSSC-CGL exams cancel

TDPL had been awarded end-to-end contracts for several high-stakes recruitment examinations, including those conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) and JSSC, despite having previously been blacklisted over allegations of cheating and examination irregularities.

Soren also announced a comprehensive investigation into all major and minor irregularities in examinations conducted in the state since 2014. The government will constitute an exam reforms committee headed by senior IAS officer Amitabh Kaushal.

The Chief Minister made the announcements after a Cabinet meeting, saying investigations by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) and Criminal Investigation Department (CID) had uncovered "shocking facts."

"It has been observed that individuals appointed through the CGL process are now being arrested on charges related to irregularities in the JPSC examinations," Soren said, adding that investigators had uncovered a complex network involving several companies that had operated in the state at different times.

He said the probe would cover all examinations conducted from 2014 to the present and directed the concerned departments and the CID to conduct a thorough investigation.

Soren also said the government would soon discuss amendments made to the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act by the Centre and, if necessary, convene a special session of the Assembly to deliberate on the issue.

The announcement came after 24 days of protests by students demanding justice and accountability.

Student leader Devendra Nath Mahto, who had been at the forefront of the agitation and was on a hunger strike, thanked students, parents, the media and the Chief Minister for supporting the movement. He subsequently ended his 16-day hunger strike.

"We express our gratitude for taking the students’ issues seriously and fulfilling our demands. Most importantly, the investigation is being conducted meticulously, and every corrupt individual involved is being apprehended," Mahto said.

He said students would continue to support the investigation and efforts to eliminate corruption in the recruitment system, while continuing to push for reforms.

Mahto said the protest would be called off as the students’ demands had been met, though they were awaiting an official government notification.

He also stressed the need for a system that guarantees that question-paper leaks and other examination irregularities do not recur in the future.