mangalore today

MESCOM worker dies of electrocution in Puttur

Mangalore Today News Network

Puttur, Mar 02, 2017 : In a tragic incident  a MESCOM worker who climbed an electric pole to restore power supply, died of electrocution in Puttur on March 02, Thursday.


electrocute 2 mar

The deceased has been identified as Shrishaila (28), basically from Bagalkot  was working as a lineman in Puttur MESCOM from past one year.

According to the sources, Shrishaila had gone to Sorake Parantolu in Puttur to attend a complaint.  As he came in conatct with the High tension wire accidentally , he slipped  and fell off  from electric pole, died on the spot.  

Case has been registered .