mangalore today
name
name
name
Saturday, June 23
BoscossWhite Stone Apartmentsname

 

Textile shop gutted in fire at Thokkottu Junction

Textile shop gutted in fire at Thokkottu Junction


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru, Mar 8, 2017 : A textile shop at Thokkottu Junction was gutted  in a major fire reported on the night of March 7, Tuesday. The suspicion is that the hi-tension wires passing above the shop might have been responsible for the fire.


fire  at thokkottu


The shop named Bombay Cotton Bazar was owned by Badruddin from Mumbai. Fire tender vehicles managed to  douse the flames and prevent them from spreading to other places. The shopkeeper has estimated the loss at over Rs 15 lakhs.

Ullal Police have registered a case.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Comments on this Article
Daania, mangaluru Wed, March-8-2017, 1:19
No casualties were roported. Didn;t the a MESCOM put stay for constructing building? Until such incidents happen we never realize nad take risk unnecessarily
Ramesh Patla, Bajpe Wed, March-8-2017, 12:52
think the shop is completyetly burnt to ashes. Luckily there are no casualties as the value of assets can get back through fire insurance but not with life
Sushma T S, Puttur Tue, March-7-2017, 11:44
The shop are totally gutted due to the fire. Is it assumption or are they sure that fire is due to short circuit.
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above