mangalore today
name
name
name
Saturday, April 20
Boscossnamename

 

Teenager’s first aid saves life of sister bitten by poisonous snake

Teenager’s first aid saves life of sister bitten by poisonous snake


Mangalore Today News Network

Puttur, Oct 13,2017 : A courageous teenager saved the life of his sister who was bitten by a poisonous  snake  by  providing her first aid without any delay at Kokkada in the taluk.


snakeEleven year old Sharanya  was in the farm of their family at Kokkada when a poisonous snake bit her. Nitin who  was also in the farm,  wasted no time and  tied a cloth tightly around the wound and sucked the blood from the place where the snake bit his sister.

He sucked the blood and spit it continuously for some time. The girl was later taken to the hospital where doctors  provided necessary treatment to the girl.


They also said the first aid provided by Nitin helped in saving the girl to a great extent. Experts point out that though the entire venom in the body cannot be sucked out through first aid, it helps in saving precious lives.

Nitin, a I PUC student of St George Pre-University College at Nelyady had  learnt in school about first aid that should be given in case of snake bite  and used this knowledge to save the life of his sister.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above