Mangaluru, Jan 11,2016 : Unity Health Complex at Falnir in Mangaluru, one of the leading private hospitals of the city, is now equipped with a State-of-the-art 16 Slice CT scan machinery. The new equipment was inaugurated by Dr K.V. Devadiga, senior consultant neurosurgeon and Dr.A.V. Shetty, Senior Consultant.
In his address, Dr Devadiga, was highly appreciative of the quality health care services offered to patients at Unity Health Complex.
Dr. A.V. Shetty said Unity Health Complex has always been in the lead in offering the most modern health care along with latest equipment incorporating cutting edge technology.
Dr. C.P. Habeeb Rahman, Chairman and Medical Director of Unity Health Complex said medical technology is witnessing rapid development and keeping in pace with it helps in providing better health care services.
About the 16 Slice CT Scan : The new scan facility is specifically meant for multi slice scanning and is equipped with a unique x-ray and detector system enabling super thin slices for crystal clear imaging in all three dimensions. It also provides scope for multi- planer views of internal structures with reduced radiation dose.
The benefits :
1. Larger volumes shorter time, fewer motion artifacts.
2.Thinner slices, better resolution, 3D images.
3.Abdominal Images :
a. Improved tumor detector, staging, surgery planning
b. • Chest: Pulmonary emboli
• Bronchial tree disorders
• Lung diseases etc
• CT angiograms (for stenosis, aneurysm evaluation, of aorta, mesenteric vessels, carotid, cerebral, Renal & Limb
• Vessel analysis, straightened out vessel of interest, plots diameter of lumen and measures Stenosis / Blockages.
4. Virtual endoscopy.
5. KUB, kidney, ureter and bladder stone evaluation.
6. Orthopedic, spine evaluation.
7. Dedicated pediatric protocols offers fast scan with low radiation dose.