Mangaluru, Apr 06, 2017: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has ranked the autonomous St Aloysius College at 44 among the best colleges of the country under the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2017. It is an outstanding achievement considering the fact that there are 45000 colleges in India. The College is the second best college at Karnataka State Level.
The ranking has been done very scientifically on all parameters of quality such as student achievements, student performance, placements, faculty achievements, research publications, infrastructure and learning resources, financial resources and utilization, overall progress, etc.
St Aloysius College welcomes the statement of Union HRD Minister Sri PrakashJavadekar that the NIRF ranked colleges will be given more autonomy with special assistance.
St Aloysius College has made outstanding progress after attaining autonomous status in 2007.
* National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has graded the college at the highest level in each of the assessments in the last three cycles.
* The college has been elevated to “Star Status” from “Star College” status by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India recently.
* The prestigious DDU KAUSHAL Kendra has been awarded to St Aloysius College to promote job oriented, innovative vocational programmes which are equivalent to degree courses. It is to be noted that only 48 colleges in the country have been given this privilege.
* University Grants Commission (UGC) has recognized the college as “A College with Potential for Excellence”.
* The college has been selected for the prestigious Biotechnology Finishing School Scheme (BTFS) of Government of Karnataka.
The college caters to the diverse needs of the students with more than 30 undergraduate, 17 postgraduate, three B.Voc, and many Advance Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Diploma programmes with relevant and apt curriculum. Skill development and socially conscious programmes have been integrated. At present there are nearly 6000 students in two campuses of the college.
The achievements of the college in the recent past have given immense confidence to the management for ultimately upgrading it in to a university.The college is also planning to offer more relevant courses like M.Sc Big Data Analytics, M.Sc Food Science, Nutrition & Dietetics and Performing Arts at the degree level.
St Aloysius College is happy that the Chief Minister of Karnataka Sri Siddaramaiahhas sent a congratulatory message.
The College hopes that both the Central and state Governments will encourage the college with more autonomy and financial assistance.