Mangaluru, September 9, 2016: Bitten by snake, a woman in remote village of Bantwal was rushed to hospital with the serpent that bit her. It is said that, she is was out of danger and is recovering. The incident took place at in Bantwal on September 8, Thursday.
Arathi, 33, wife of Dayananda Poojari resident of Kanapade of Bantwal taluk was the victim who was bitten by a pit viper.
Aarthi couple were coolie workers they were back home as usual in the evening after work. Aarthi had been to the bathroom to heat water for bath, as she was picking firewood from stack, snake bit her hand. She screamed for help and her husband noticed she had been bitten by the snake. He informed the neighbours who called 108 Ambulance immediately.
Unable to identify the snake the wise neighbour Ramesh who showed sheer presence of mind and rare courage to catch the snake and put it in the container to take it to hospital along with the victim.
Dayananda and Arathi initially reached Government Hospital in Bantwal with the snake container in an ambulance. However, the hospital authorities referred Arathi to District Government Wenlock Hospital in Mangaluru since the required anti-snake venom was not available at the centre.