mangalore today
name
name
name
Tuesday, August 21
BoscossWhite Stone Apartmentsname

 

Shop catches fire at Hampankatta, loss pegged at Rs 25 lakh

Shop catches fire at Hampankatta, loss pegged at Rs 25 lakh


Mangalore Today News Network

Mangaluru: September 3, 2015: A major fire broke out in a garment shop in Hampankatta due to a short circuit on Wednesday.


fire

 

fire

 

fire


The garment shop is located on the first floor of the Jayanthi Complex.

According to the sources the shop was closed due to the ‘bandh’ organised by labour unions.

When the local resident Girish Pai noticed smoke coming out from the shop, he immediately informed the matter to the police and other residents.

Three fire tenders, two from Pandeshwar and one from Kadri arrived at the spot and tried to douse the fire.

The fire fighter faced difficulty to douse the fire as there was no ventilation in the shop.

The damaged is estimated at Rs 25 Lakhs. However the exact loss is yet to be ascertained.

The police have registered a case at Pandeshwar police station.


Write Comment | E-Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Print
Write your Comments on this Article
Your Name
Native Place / Place of Residence
Your E-mail
Your Comment
You have characters left.
Security Validation
Enter the characters in the image above